- This event has passed.
May Meeting – Scholarship Banquet
May 17 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Networking: 5pm
- Meeting: 5:30pm
- Location & Map: Mirabeau Park Hotel: 1100 N Sullivan Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99037 – map
- Meeting Room: The Ponderosa Room
Members have a standing reservation for all chapter meetings and must notify the Sergeant-at-Arms of any planned absences by noon the Wednesday before the meeting. After that, both late and unexcused absences will be responsible for their dinner dues. Guest requests are also due by Wednesday before the meeting at noon.
To contact the Sergeant-at-Arms regarding any of the above, email ewireservations@gmail.
Our keynote speaker, Chris Crutcher, is a novelist and a Family Therapist. He received the Margaret A. Edwards Award from the American Library Association in 2000 for his lifetime contribution in writing for teens. Chris is recognized for ‘significant and lasting contribution to young adult literature’ and for ‘helping adolescents become aware of themselves and addressing questions about their role and importance in relationships, society and in the world’. His stories bring to life the contemporary teen world.
During our celebration, we will be touching on:
- Connections: identifying and awarding our scholarship winners
- Careers: understanding how our scholarship winners can achieve their career goals with the assistance of this scholarship.
- Community: demonstrating our commitment to community by involving high school counselors and independent panel of judges to participate in the nominee selection.
Big “Thank You” to our judges this year:
2022 EWISP Judges:
- Shauna Edwards, Executive Director, Lumen High School
- Erin Williams Heuter, CEO, Lutheran Community Services
- Chad Heimbigner, Principal, Coffman Engineering
2022 ASIST Judges:
- Bindi Tilbury, Executive Director, Jonah Project
- Sharon Straub, Director of Professional Development, Gonzaga University
- Aleesha Roedel, Gov. Contracting Assistance Specialist, GSI
Looking forward to seeing our members and guests celebrate the award winners May 17!